Saturday, October 29, 2011

A New Chapter


Hello folks, how y'all doing??

Once again, I've been MIA, but I'm sure y'all are used to it by now. Honestly, half the time I tell myself I should can this whole blogging thing. But alas, I love it too much and therefore have started ANOTHER blog. Yes, you read correctly. Miss Once-Every-Two-Months-Blogger has started a second blog.

Don't be alarmed, The Hohman Homestead is not getting canned and hopefully will one day (soon!) be running at full-tilt again. But, I had this little (ok, maybe not so little) squishable, kissable, loveable baby about 5 months ago and well, people are demanding photo updates. So I'm here today to announce:

Russell-Mania


The posting style there will be much different than here at the Homestead, hence why I started a whole new she-bang. Each post will consist of a date, Baby H's age at that time, and a slew of photos. But NO WORDS. Making it much easier for me to get some posting done. :)

And now, on to the real new chapter. Cowboy H and I (and well, the whole entire herd) are packing up and moving out. Yup, after all the sweat and dirt (literally) and tears (not really) and hours of improvement we've poured into this home, we're moving on.

While things are going to be a little complicated at first (think 2 adults, 3 cats, 2 dogs, 2 horses and 1 baby moving into my parents' house) eventually we will be moving onto a 2 acre piece of property, complete with horse pens, a chicken coop, a pump house, a brick patio and a GIANT avocado tree just to name a few amenities. (Wow, that was a really long sentence.) The home is a 150+ year old farm house that my family has owned for many, many years. It was originally bought by my grandmother's parents (yep, my great-grandparents). My parents actually lived here when they first got married and so did I until I was about 5 years old.

The first phase of the move has already been completed; Crow and Maria have already been relocated to the back pasture of my parents house, where I'm sure they're getting even fatter. And just in time for Thanksgiving dinner, the rest of the Homestead will be snuggled closely (and tightly) into my parents' house as well.

Wish us (lots and lots and lots) of luck!

4 comments:

  1. SO exciting! Can't wait to see photos of this place.....I bet the farmhouse has so much character! Are you going to get chickens? I guess we'll know where to find the best guacamole, eh??? ;-) Best of luck in the move and I'll check out your new site!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. very MAD AT YOU.....BUT ALSO VERY HAPPY FOR U

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! I LOVE old houses! I know you and Cowboy H will do it up so nice! Love the baby pics. he's getting big and what a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fucking A, man.
    Got the SOMMARLANDPAKKE with SUMAR SUMANDO .
    She AMILEGST!
    She MMILAYST- ISTANBUL.
    MEESE- PEACEART.
    USTECO- TESBANK 45- OSIRIS- LUKY LASS MINES.
    THE ROCCE blasts off ROCKET MAN for ROCUNROL!
    Fucking A, man.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy y'all! It makes The Homestead a warm and fuzzy place when you stop by; each and every word is read with great appreciation. Thanks for visiting!