Friday, June 12, 2009

Cleansing









Cowboy H decided he wanted to do a cleanse this week. I'm sure most of you have heard of "cleanses" before, but in short, they pump you full of fiber and flush out built up toxins and waste.




Both Cowboy H and I have cleansed before; a few times for me and once for him. Cowboy H's first cleanse was not succesful. He ended up craving junk food even more than before. For me, cleansing wipes out all my cravings for sweets or junk food.




In all previous cleanses, we've used this kit. And I have to say, it definitely "cleans you out".







This particular kit is composed of three components, pills you take in a specific order according to the directions. The first component is the Cleansing Fiber. It "supports optimal colon health".








The next component is the Thistle Cleanse. It "supports normal liver function and detoxification".







The last component is the Cleansing Laxative. It is taken right before bed and I bet you can guess what it does.






Certain foods are "recommended" while cleansing to help the process.






Oatmeal for breakfast





Sweet or regular potatoes for lunch or dinner.





Lots and lots and lots of veggies, either raw, steamed or roasted.




Spinach, glorious spinach.


Not shown: Fresh fruit.






Foods not recommended?



All of the above.


Not shown: The fudge, toffee bars and peanut butter chocoloate chip oatmeal cookies that I spent all evening baking as a Thank You gift for someone.



4 comments:

  1. Why doesn't the oatmeal in the cookies count! No fair! Good luck with this whole...process. I'm sure Cowboy H is so THRILLED you are sharing this information with all of us. Hope you have a productive weekend, SMILE, GIGGLE, WINK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never cleansed. Always thought it would be nice, but don't think I can stay away from all of those BAD things!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...is this what newlyweds do on their HONNYMOON nowadays??? This will make a GREAT ending to my wedding post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desert Rose, he will KILL me!!! And that would be the ending to your wedding post! Which, by the way, I'm still waiting for...

    ReplyDelete

Howdy y'all! It makes The Homestead a warm and fuzzy place when you stop by; each and every word is read with great appreciation. Thanks for visiting!