That's what I said to Cowboy H as we sat in the Emergency Room the Wednesday night before the wedding.
"This is the story of my life. You realize that don't you? Ok, just checking. Cuz this is my life."
Everyone tells you that the week before the wedding is chaos. Yeah, yeah. They say that all hell breaks loose. Uh-huh. They say that you suddenly remember everything you forgot that week. Whatever.
Well, I have a disclaimer:
THE WEEK BEFORE MY WEDDING WOULD HAVE SUCKED BALLS EVEN IF IS WAS NOT THE WEEK BEFORE MY WEDDING.
Here, I'll give you the run-down:
- Cowboy H's family trickled in on Friday.
- Saturday evening I noticed that the programs (that I had worked so hard on getting done ahead of time) had a type-o. Well, the word was spelled correctly, but it was the wrong word. So they had to be reprinted.
- Sunday evening, Cowboy H shattered his Tungsten wedding band. Yes, shattered. And yes, Tungsten.
- Tuesday night my cat died. And we buried her. It was sad
- Wednesday night I was at the ER for severe eye allergies. I wanted to scratch my eyes out. It wouldn't quit. I looked like I had been crying for 7 days straight.
- Friday I was back at the eye doctor because my eye situation hadn't improved at all. I was pretty sure I was not going to be wearing my contacts, let alone any makeup, on Saturday.
- After significant improvement throughout the afternoon due to better medication, my eyes flared up again during rehearsal dinner. It got so bad I could barely open them.
- Saturday morning, all went well until about 11:45 am, when I realized I had lost the ring the jewelry shop had LOANED us.