Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Forgot To Tell You...





Today marks 4 weeks and 1 day since I broke my arm.

I figured I should let you know how that is going.

I think I got lucky. In more ways than one. First off, I did not need surgery. Secondly, I was not going to have a cast. Third, my arm was free to move again after only 2 weeks.

My recheck appointment with my orthopedic surgeon was 2 weeks ago today, and they determined that my break had not moved at all and everything was set to heal properly on its own. The major problem at that point was regaining mobility in my elbow joint. After having my elbow in a 90 degree angle for 2 weeks, it was locked up. I could barely move it in either direction. I should have had Cowboy H take a picture, but he's not really into picture-taking. Unless its of me sleeping. Or my butt.

Anyways, my joint is almost fully functioning again and I go back next week to see if I need me some physical therapy.

In closing, here are a few things I learned about having only one hand/arm:
  1. You absolutely cannot put your hair in a ponytail.
  2. You cannot operate a standard can opener.
  3. You cannot drain a big ole pot of pasta.
  4. You cannot tie your own shoes.
  5. Washing knives is extremely difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy y'all! It makes The Homestead a warm and fuzzy place when you stop by; each and every word is read with great appreciation. Thanks for visiting!