Friday, October 9, 2009

It's That Time


...of the year!

Yep, the weather is finally (finally) turning cool.

Cowboy H and I built our first fire this season inside the house the other night.

The windows have been staying shut at night.

The pumpkin patches are popping up all over town.

The leaves are changing col... wait, the leaves don't change color around here.

The horses are getting their winter coats.

All three cats are sleeping on the bed with us.

And yes, Mama H is getting sick.

It's a good thing I actually have two days off (in a row!) this weekend. I have a killer plan formulating in my head of staying in my sweats all day, making chicken noodle soup, drinking hot tea, and editing lots of photos!

Oh yeah, and folding laundry.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you're getting sick. It is going around. You make that handsome Cowboy H take care of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya...sick is going around right now...I can NOT get sick now...not until I get to the desert!!!
    You need Matza Ball Soup, Jewish Pennicillen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! You are getting sick too? I have had a terrible cold all week! I hate colds! And of course, I just started my new job today, not as much fun when sick!!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy y'all! It makes The Homestead a warm and fuzzy place when you stop by; each and every word is read with great appreciation. Thanks for visiting!