Monday, November 30, 2009

Back to Reality...



Hi all!

Ugh, I'm back in the office today, after 4 full days away. I really had to peel myself out of bed this morning. I had such a wonderful long weekend I didn't want to face reality again.

Last Wednesday, Cowboy H cooked up a full turkey dinner while I was at work. There's nothing like walking into a turkey-and-stuffing-smelling house. After enjoying our "Thanksgiving" dinner, we played Monopoly into the night. Cowboy H beat me (of course, he always does) but it was fun anyway.

Thursday we both worked, but it wasn't so bad. Cowboy H took all the leftovers with him, and my emergency clinic fed us Boston Market turkey dinner. I wasn't going to complain one bit!

With the Thanksgiving holiday past, on Friday we got our tree! This was monumental, as we haven't gotten a tree together EVER before. We have had a tree skirt for 3 years, and have never used it. Let's just say that as soon as that tree was in the house, the tree skirt was out!

Getting the tree really got me in the Christmas mood. I am so excited for Christmas this year. I mean, I'm excited every year, but this is the first year we aren't moving either right before or right after Christmas, so I can actually decorate. I don't have much in the way of Christmas decor, but its all out and ready to go. We still need to decorate the tree, and I need to make a few more stockings since our "family" has expanded quite a bit in the last year but bring on the hot cocoa, cider and cheer! Oh, almost forgot, I'm going to make a wreath for the front door with the tree branches Cowboy H cut off the bottom of our tree. Anybody else pumped full of holiday spirit? I'm even going to bring my Christmas music to work to keep the spirits high.

Speaking of work, things are busy here at work as we prep to head to VEGAS this coming Saturday. Our company has a vendor booth at the American Association of Equine Practitioners Annual Convention. Which of course just happens to coincide with NFR and Cowboy Christmas!

Anyone else going to Cowboy Christmas?? I want a show of hands. I've already started my shopping list (chinks, anyone?) so, tell me, what's on your list?

5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you are going to be in Vegas!! Will you see Desert Rose, my mom and Cowgirl J Lynn?
    Glad you get to have all your decorations out this year! I need to find some time this week to get everything out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have seen my mom and aunt trying to plan all their NFR outfits last weekend, they were so cute! :) OF course, it will be hard to out-bling the Desert Rose! Have a great time, the rest of us will have to live vicariously for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Mama, First off, if you bring in your Christmas music, I will disown you!! Second, stop bragging about going to Vegas, some of us arent so lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful time kicking up your cowgirl boots in Las Vegas!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy y'all! It makes The Homestead a warm and fuzzy place when you stop by; each and every word is read with great appreciation. Thanks for visiting!