Friday, December 18, 2009

Ranch Sorting: A Hodge-Podge of Photographs


The ranch sorting pictures are all starting to look the same, so I just want to highlight a few of my favorites from the last two nights. I also want to share some special photographs of me riding Maria. It may provide some insight.

But I have no idea what kind of insight.

Feel free, if any image catches your fancy, to leave a request. I like giving away my photos.

Sept. 10

IMG_4631
Gorgeous evening for working some cows.

IMG_4635
A girl and her horse. So sweet.

IMG_4644
Those cows again. They're getting famous.

IMG_4645
At this point, we've got 'em trained to stay in a straight line.

IMG_4646
Yes, I'm taking your picture.

IMG_4649
Cowgirl in the making.

IMG_4650cropped
Face off.
P.S. This Arab mare also drives!


IMG_4655
At dusk.

Sept. 17

IMG_4732
Perfect profile.

IMG_4726
I love how Red looks like an old cowboy outlaw horse in this image.

IMG_4166
Ok, this one is technically from the same night as the photos I posted yesterday, but I couldn't leave it out. I absolutely love this photo.


And what you've all been waiting for.

IMG_4758

IMG_4764


What the heck is up with the leaning? Somebody please answer. I think I need help.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Your leaning and your horsey's legs are crossing. Action! I like the one of the night as the same photos you posted yesterday (does that make sense?) too, for a split second I thought that was Melissa, the Desert Rose's daughter, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lean to the left...All the time. I actually think that is my longer leg and so I have a bit more wait in the stirup on that side. Does not seem to matter what saddle I am in!!!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy y'all! It makes The Homestead a warm and fuzzy place when you stop by; each and every word is read with great appreciation. Thanks for visiting!