Monday, February 15, 2010

Ain't (Married) Love Grand?


For Valentine's Day this year, I was gifted a flushing toilet from my husband.

No, really.

I came home from work yesterday afternoon and he said, Hey, Sweetie, guess what I got you for Valentine's Day?

A working toilet!

I laughed out loud. Then I smiled.

This means I no longer have to fish around in the tank of the toilet with the wire hanger to hook the little flap that I have to pull up to flush the toilet. All I have to do is push down the handle to flush the toilet and that makes me very happy.

Who says romance is dead?

Did any of you get a Valentine's gift that pales in comparison to mine?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect gift for a farm house

    ReplyDelete
  2. This thoughtful gift makes the Symphony Chocolate bar I received from my honey, pale in comparison.
    hehe!

    Enjoy! (that kinda doesn't sound right, does it? lol!)


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie! I told hubby not to spend the money on anything for me this year! After 39 years he's still my Valentine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The things that make us women happy *giggles*!! It's the little things that matter, right?! Our Valentines Day was spent at our daughters rodeo finals LOL! I did get a sweet card and chocolates to start my day though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallelujah! I've had to do that before too, it's not exactly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ignoring the fact it about a toilet?...that "thought" was really sweet. That is sooo like something my DH would do. He's all about being practical. You guys will last forever.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy y'all! It makes The Homestead a warm and fuzzy place when you stop by; each and every word is read with great appreciation. Thanks for visiting!