Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Homemade Wedding Homestead-Style: Dance! Dance! Dance!


There were three (or four) very important factors to Cowboy H and I in regards to our wedding. One was that the food be amazing. Check. Another was that everything have meaning to us, i.e. not doing something just because its "tradition". Check. Third, we really wanted that down-home, casual, relaxed, spontaneous atmosphere. Check.

And, lastly, we wanted a rockin' dance party!

Jesslyn + Jeff-382

Our swing dance pretty much set the tone, and pretty soon the dance floor was hopping.

Jesslyn + Jeff-381

Cowboy H and I danced and danced. I actually was able to two-step around the entire dance floor without screwing up. It was amazing. The two-step is not my strong suit.

Pretty soon my dad sidled up to me and stated, "Everyone says we need to dance together."

So, you're all thinking, Wha?! No father-daughter dance?! Well, I actually had a song all picked out, and I asked my dad, "Do you want to do a father-daughter dance?" And he replied, "No, I don't think we need to. I mean, you're already married, its not like this is the real thing." So, father-daughter dance was scratched. Or so we thought.

Jesslyn + Jeff-376

I don't even remember what song the band played, but I know it was a good one. For your information, I had picked out "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" sung by Judy Garland since Wizard of Oz is my dad's favorite movie.

Jesslyn + Jeff-375

No matter, I'm really glad we danced together after all, even if my dad is a horrible dancer.

May 2009 Pismo and Jesslyn wedding 174
Photo by my Nina

It was a pretty sweet moment. And pretty soon a bunch of sets of 'father-daughers' joined us. I loved it.

At some point, Cowboy H was caught dancing with his mom, even though we didn't do an "official" mother-son dance.

May 2009 Pismo and Jesslyn wedding 186
Photo by my Nina

Even though they weren't planned, I'm glad we got all these special moments captured.

Because, pretty soon, we were back to tearing up the dance floor.

Jesslyn + Jeff-380

Up Next: All The Details

(I swear, I'm almost done, but if you missed anything, check it all out here.)

All images by Applemoon Photography unless otherwise noted!

2 comments:

  1. Ok first things first LOL!! Back in my *younger* you know going out dancing days, my best friend told me the way I would find my "true cowboy" was when we did the two step he'd have his leg firmly between mine LOL!! Your picture of ya'll two stepping made me remember that! Oh and yes my Hubby was the first and best "real" two stepper I ever had!!

    And I LOVE your daddy daughter dance pictures! I am so glad he asked you for a dance! I was SO very close to my dad, he passed away 5 years ago but I remember all of the dancing we did, he was a great dancer :)

    And please don't be almost done LOL!!! I love all your wedding posts, they're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the 2 of you practicing outside of my tackroom a month or so before the wedding! it was so cute...I had it in one of my posts!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy y'all! It makes The Homestead a warm and fuzzy place when you stop by; each and every word is read with great appreciation. Thanks for visiting!